Tuesday, June 30, 2009

06/30 Day Trading FOREX

I took two trades Today, they both worked. Most importantly was that I have started to be a lot more strict with my 1:1 risk:reward ratio. Before any given trade I'll plot a Fibo and make sure there is room for me to get my target before any considerable resistance/support.

I also noticed early on the day that even though both the EUR/USD and GBP/USD had moved up during the European session, they both were showing signs of losing their up-side steam. That got me scanning for a sell at the top of the range.

1) Short EUR/USD: This trade worked perfectly as far as the technical analysis goes. The trading station execution failed on me: It didn't hit my limit and it just so happened that price bounced back up and hit my stop. Luckly I had already managed to move the stop down to protect my capital, so it was more like a scratch than a loss.

I'm glad that I was able to recognize and trade in the right direction, execution failures do happen in FOREX, some times you'll see prices on the chart but won't get them on your trading station and vice-versa, it is one of the most difficult parts of the game.
2) Short GBP/USD: This was a great trade. I took a sell once I noticed prices failing at the Moving Averages (50-sma in purple and 63 EMA in white). Also, notice that the 6500 level is right there, this gave me further protection to my stop. Finally, there was room for 1:1 ratio, so I took the trade, got to my goal and the rest is history. Yeah, sure, GBP/USD kept on moving down, but we're in a range-bound market and I wasn't willing to let this trade run any more than to my price target.

No comments:

Post a Comment